top of page

T Rally – Marble Falls AR

MSTA Ride event – Good times with Good friends.

I got up on Friday morning to a cool breeze and a feeling of peace. I made my coffee and got ready for the day. Today was not a work day, it was a ride day and I could not have been happier. I had packed the bike a few days earlier as I was excited to head off on my first moto camping trip of 2019.

Jame would not be riding with me as she had a prior commitment, so this was one of those rare times where I would be heading out on an adventure by myself. I needed a break as work had been very challenging heading up to this wonderful Friday.

I loaded up on the bike and hit the road with a big smile on my face. My first destination was Eureka Springs where I would have some breakfast and log into a mandatory work conference call. I am fortunate to live within 3 miles of some of the best roads in NW Arkansas and Southern Missouri, it is a great way to start the riding day. I rolled into Eureka Spring at 8:45. It was perfect timing. My call was at 9:00 am and this allowed for me to order food and have it in front of me at the start of the call. So far the stars had aligned and it was starting to be a fantastic Friday.

I was back on the road around 10:00 am. The sun was shining bright. My next stop would be at the T-31 Rally sight in Marble Falls Arkansas. It was only 80 miles away. I wanted to get to the site and get my camp site set up so I could rendezvous with some of my MSTA riding friends. I arrived to find that I had my choice of camping sites. I chatted with the owner of the Marble Falls Resort, she said I could pick a site anywhere on the grass out in front of the resort. They also had left room 101 open so that all of the campers had a restroom and shower. I was the only camper so this was awesome.

I pitched my tent, got all my camping gear out and in place in record time. I loaded up again and headed down the scenic byway that is Arkansas 7. As I headed south on 7 I was grinning from ear to ear. The scenery was amazing, the smells intoxicating. It was a great way to spend the day. After a few miles, I see the gang heading north. Kris & Linda Poole in the lead with Gayla O’Brien close behind. I swung a quick u-turn and caught up to them pretty quickly. We headed off to the Cliff House inn to get a piece of pie and a refreshing beverage. It was awesome getting to catch up with my MSTA friends. It was all smiles and storytelling. My root beer float tasting even better as I enjoyed it with these wonderful friends. The view from the Cliff House is breathtaking.

We finished the day hanging out at the resort, fellow shipping with all of the riders who had started to show up at the rally site. I counted 32 bikes, as I walked to the restaurant for dinner. <